Manufacture precision 3-axis prototype and production parts in a variety of materials.
We are looking for a skilled Machinist to operate a variety of machines to perform assigned tasks. You will produce or repair precision parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurements.
A great machinist needs to possess manual dexterity and an eye for detail. They must also have knowledge of mathematics and mechanics as well as respect for safety precautions.
The goal is to ensure effective production operations and optimize procedures.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damage
- Proven experience as machinist
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training, Bachelor’s Degree, or an apprenticeship will be an asset
Along with your application, please attach a resume.Apply